Sunday, May 6, 2012

Getting Started - Why?

Over the next few months I'll be detailing out the process of creating the Word-A-Bot.  From start to finish - research, building, inspirations and tweaking.

But after all this is said, the one question still remains - WHY?

Why would I take the time (in a very busy schedule) to build this machine that really has one and only goal - to play a game and at this point-in-time, a game on a platform that isn't extremely popular (WP7).

Let me just say flat out, that I had my Samsung Focus on launch day - called the store (they weren't having any problems keeping them in stock) and picked it up on the way home from work.  First smart phone purchase.

Around 1.5 years later I was sitting in a lecture from a MS employee at a tech. conference and he mentioned it, so I thought I would give it a try.  Turns out - it is a lot of fun.  On your own, with a team (my wife loves it) or when you only have a few minutes to spare.  Problem is... I'm not the best as spelling... I am, however, good at building Excel models and thought I would try my hand at robotics.  The result - a Wordament playing robot...

So, why?  Because I did.  For fun, something new to learn and to keep the creativity and problem solving juices flowing.  More details to come...

First video:

No comments:

Post a Comment